2019 Season Deal: 50% off your first house and no charge on the first house if you do not use the photos.

2019 Season Deal expires 1/1/2020

Professional photography helps real estate listings sell faster and closer to the original list price.

According to a 2013 Redfin study, professionally photographed homes priced around $400,000 sold 3 weeks faster than homes without professional photos.

The study also found that these homes, when compared to other similarly priced homes, sold “for more than $10,000 relative to their list price.”

Why would homes sell faster and higher if they have better photos? Just look at what the average buyer sees when browsing Redfin, Zillow, Realtor, and Trulia. The answer is obvious: a home presented in its best light gets more attention.

Only 15% of listings on these websites have professional photographs on them (The Wall Street Journal). Compared to the other 85% of listings shot on smart phones and old pocket travel cameras, the 15% of listings with professional photographs get 61% more views (The Wall Street Journal).

My hunch is that dark rooms, crooked angles, weirdly green walls from the lawn outside, and trash cans in the yard all contribute to the notion that, “This home isn’t a clean slate for me. It’s used. It’s haunted. It’s someone else’s icky old pair of jeans.” The buyer keeps scrolling. They do not see the listing in its best light and as a result the listing goes on for another day.