Don’t have the N-Log LUT from Nikon?
Nobody does, yet. Nikon released the N-Log LUT, which can be found on their website.
DaVinci Resolve 15 includes the Nikon N-Log color space option in the settings, and it can be enabled by managing your color space. Going this route is far better than slapping on the Panasonic V-Log LUT as a temporary solution.
Begin by navigating to Project Settings…
- Change the Color science to Davinci YRGB Color Managed.
- Set the Input Color Space to Nikon N-Log.
- Change Limit Output Gamut to Output Color Space.
- Change Timeline to Output Tone Mapping to Luminance Mapping.
- Your Max Timeline Luminance should be (I think, correct me if this is wrong.) what your monitor is rated for. I am using a MacBook Pro with a 500 nit display.
Hit Save and your timeline should update those N-Log files with beautiful color. I can’t get over how good the Nikon color space looks, particularly with the dynamic range of the Nikon Z6.
Now if anyone can tell me how to export that color space to Premiere Pro, please do.